Monday, November 17, 2008

The Roth Wedding in Punta Cana - Days 1 & 2

Ahhhh......Paradise....

I can't believe that this vacation is over already. It was one of the most enjoyable ones that I have had in a long time. It was spent with good friends, terrific weather, friendly workers at the resort, and of course a beautiful wedding.

I am going to do several posts of this vacation since a lot of pictures were taken. There are a lot more to see on my myspace page too!

DAY 1: Wednesday November 5, 2008

Today I arrived in Paradise. I have never seen anything so beautiful. The weather is very hot and humid (completely shocking when you get off the plane)! When I checked-in they told me that my room was not ready yet for another 30 minutes. No prob! I walked around the resort and took some pictures. Palm trees here, palm trees there....white sand, blue water. Why can't New Jersey look like this?

As soon as I checked into my room I had to get ready to meet Kristin and Scott and a few other couples who were there already for dinner. We ate in a Mediterranean restaurant called Passion. Everything here was all inclusive (which is the best thing in the whole wide world), so I had all of the drinks I wanted, and I could eat as many meals that my stomach could hold...but remember, I needed to fit into a bridesmaids dress....bummer! So, I got a nice salad, had salmon as my meal, and then dessert came.....wow....

After dinner, all of us had gone and walked around a little bit more. There was plenty of seating so we got comfy and enjoyed each others company. We drank, laughed, and played a few games of "Catch a Phrase" What a fun time I had! I was pooped with traveling, and being up since 3 AM (plus it was 1 hour ahead there than it was here), so I headed back to my room for some Zzz's.




DAY 2: Thursday November 6th, 2008
I see that my pictures are all scrambled up for today, sorry! It was just amazing to wake-up to warm, sunny days! I got up, got myself all cleaned up, and put on my bathing suit.....I was going to the beach! Already at 8:00 AM the sun was HOT, and the air was very humid. I spent about 3 hours on the beach, then a few of the others finally woke-up and I joined them at the pool. This was my favorite thing about the pool...the bar that you can swim up to! haha! Most of my day was spent there with everyone, relaxing it up!
That night I had gone out to dinner with a group of people for some Sushi. Ahhhh, some of the best sushi I have ever had. We had met the rest of the people that arrived today at the Lobby bar for some drinks, and then later on we enjoyed a show called "Fire Desire". It was a big dance party on the beach, and then some guys came out and were twirling fire and blowing fire out of their mouths. Hot!



Where is Gary you ask? Well, unfortunately his passport went missing and he didn't realize it until 3 AM when we were about to leave. So he had to get an emergency passport and he arrived on Friday afternoon. It was a little scary traveling by myself, but luckily I new some people on the plane, and people when I got there, so it wasn't that bad.
Stay tuned for the wedding pictures!

No comments: