Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An exciting weekend!

I had gone to the beach this past weekend and it was definitely an exciting one! Jenna's brother Michael came along with to the beach this weekend so Brian could have a playmate. Here are the two best buds showing off their cheesy grins. Someone on the beach had found a conch shell and gave it to the boys to play with. Here is Michael showing off this slimy snail.
This picture is actually from the weekend before. Look at this jellyfish! I have NEVER seen a jellyfish so big before!

This is Jesse's new favorite thing to do...floating around on the raft in the pool. Haha! What a dog.
Saturday night we took the boys to the boardwalk. I was playing around with my camera to test the different scenes I can use on my camera. Here is a picture of the ferris wheel and the roller coaster using the night scene. Turned out pretty cool!
This past weekend was the 20th Anniversary of Wildwood's Christmas in July Boat Parade. At the end of the parade they held fireworks at an island that is across from our house. Well the grand finale never ended. With everything being so dry from the lack of rain that we have been having that the sparks created a fire. I wish I took some pictures from the fire at night, but the pictures below are from a helicopter dumping water to scorch the fire on Sunday morning. It was pretty cool to watch. I don't know if you can see, but in the 2nd picture, the helicopter is scooping up the water from the bay (look on the right hand side of the picture). It did this all day on Sunday. Back and forth, back and forth.....It was pretty neat to watch this. I have never seen anything like it, and it was pretty amazing at how close that helicopter can get to the water to scoop it up, and then watch it dump it out.

1 comment:

Patty S said...

omg that picture of jesse just cracks me up!!!!! that ain't no dumb doggie!
thanks for sharing the pictures - i'll have to show the kids the jellyfish and shell ones tomorrow.
patty :-)