Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scraplifting...It's Legal!

Scraplifting is legal? Oh, you bet it is!

The one thing that I am responsible for at Kinnon Keepsakes is to re-create layouts from magazines by using products from the store and "scraplifting" them right out of the magazine. The two magazines that I am scraplifting from is "Simple Scrapbooks" and "Scrapbook Trends".

Below are my versions of "scraplifting"

Scrapbook Trends Magazine - July Issue - Page 57

Products used: My Mind's Eye 29th Avenue patterned paper, tag, and transparency, Bazzil cardstock, QuicKutz font - Tangerine (I can't remember the other font that I used for 'graduate'), and the rusty stars are from AC Moore.

Simple Scrapbooks - July/August Issue - Page 62
This is the original layout from the magazine
My version above
Products used: My Mind's Eye 29th Avenue patterned paper, transparency, and accessories, Bazzil cardstock, Making Memories round metal numbers (those are ancient), Heidi Swapp's translucent flower, I believe the buttons are from Scenic Route, QuicKutz font - Ginger
REMEMBER! You can always see these layouts in person at Kinnon Keepsakes. They are hanging right above the fireplace, next to Patty's Product Showcase.

No comments: