Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Creating Keepsakes Convention - Valley Forge

I know, I know! I am a little behind on my blogging and posting my pictures. And...I know I keep saying that I am busy, but I honestly am. This summer has not been very relaxing for me. It's one thing after another. I can't wait for September. You should see my calendar. There is NOTHING scheduled! Whoohoo!

Two weekends ago, Kinnon Keepsakes was a vendor at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge Convention Center. The girls set the booth up on Thursday during the day, and then after work I came down to help work the booth on Friday and Saturday. This was the first time that I was able to take a class at the convention. I have no idea what the name of the class was, but the instructor was Stacy Julian, Editor and Creator of Simple Scrapbooks Magazine. What a cool girl! She was so much fun, and her class was so inspiring. She taught us how to get 1 mini album done in about 2 sittings (not 2 years like what I do!) We had about 30 minutes to complete 10 pages of mini album, and each time we completed a page we had to yell "whoohoo!", and she would "whoohoo" back! Haha! So much fun. But like I said, it was so inspiring, and this is something that I am going to have to try.
After the class she gave out some door prizes, and I won her new book, called the Big Picture. She autographed it for me! SWEET!

Here was our large booth at the convention. The main product that we sold is by QuicKutz. It is a personal die-cutting system that we sell at the store and it is a huge it. Look how pretty we made it...all matchy-matchy with pink and brown!

Here is CJ demonstrating the Revolution Tool, and the new 4x8 alphabet set! You go girl!

No comments: